Friday, February 19, 2010

20 years and Counting. . .

Looks like this blogging thing is going to be harder than I thought. Being a college student working three jobs doens't give me a lot of free time. But whatever reason I may try to give, it's not excuse. There is always time for writing.
Well it's offical, I made it to age 20. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was starting middle school embracing the idea of having my very own locker. People weren't kidding when they use to tell me that time passes by faster than you think. I find that the older I get, the less I seem to pay attention to time.
I mean think about it. All through juior high and high school we spend our time counting down the days until we are finally a freshman, or until we get our license, and then until we graduate. After that it's like all the rest of the years seems to blend together.
Even though there are alot of things I miss about being a teenager, there is also alot I love about being an adult. I like the idea of working for a living and paying my own bills. I like going out with my mom and shopping for thing for my new apartment. I get to play house for real! Not just with Barbies.
For my 20th birthday my mom and I went to Green Bay and shopped on a budget. It was fun digging in the bargin binds looking for lost treasures. I manged to pick up some cute dish towels and some Valentine's Day decorations that were on sale. No matter how much I said I didn't want to grow up to be like my mom, it looks like DNA has taken over. I am now obsessed with dishes ad matching napkins. And if you ask me, it's not so bad.

Graditudes:
* My mom-- always my number one fan
* Chinese take-out
* A book, that I just can't put down

No comments:

Post a Comment